Rose water is the new thing hitting the streets for beauty right now but is it really new.
Rose water has actually been around since The Middle Ages. I stumbled across rose water while I was looking for natural skin care products and rose water was one of the top natural products for face, hair and body. There’s many benefits in using rose water,I personally use it on my face daily as a hydrator and face toner. I immediately saw results after a couple days of use and was hooked ever since, I wanted to know more and the benefits I found were pretty cool.
1. Dandruff: Rose water is great for hair but especially dandruff. As Rosewater is an intense moisturizer that also stimulates scalp circulation to promote hair growth. Massage rosewater into the scalp, let sit for 20 minutes and rinse out, do this after you have fully washed your hair.
2. Reduces stress: The fragrant smell of rose water can lower cortisol (stress hormones) in the body, place a few drops in a diffuser and breathe away. This process will also help with depression, grief and even brain function
3. Hydrator: You can make you own rose water or buy one at the store (organic only) I went to YouTube and searched how to’s to make my rosewater. I placed the contents into a spray bottle and went to town, there’s no need to use a lot as rose water is very strong especially if you’re making it at home. This process can also be used as a facial toner, anti-aging solution, medicine for cuts and so much more.
4. Brightener: Using honey and rose water as a face mask can brighten and even out those annoying dark spots. Take 3tbsp of rose water 4tbsp of honey (organic) mix well and apply to your face, rinse off after 15 min with cold water, apply 1-2 times a week to get the best results.
5. Eyes: Shockingly rose water has a lot of benefits for our eyes as well. From under eye puffiness to dark circles rose water has you covered. One way rose water can improve those dark circles under your eyes is by dipping a cotton ball in a milk and rose water mixture (2 tsp of rose water and 1 tsp of whole milk) and place on your eyes for about 15 minutes then rinse.
Rose water is something that should be in everyone’s beauty routine.
It also comes in many different forms like oils and dried petals (used for making your own at home).
But please be aware that factories also have their own way of using roses like the seeds, which can be fresh or dried and used as an alternative for rose oil instead of using the actual flower itself. There’s many forms of extraction for rose water/oil so you want to find a trusting organic brand that suites your budget and needs. I’m currently using Sky organics rose water and after trying a few different products this one has been my fav.
From spray’s to oils the benefits of rose water will have anyone looking and feeling their best just remember ORGANIC, ORGANIC, ORGANIC, and you can’t go wrong.